Social Networking Website Launched By A 14-Year-Old Boy



Terkura Unongo, a 14yrs old boy  has launched a website, www.theimongo.com, for social networking. Though the website might not be as sophisticated as the likes of Facebook, seems as a good invention coming from a young Nigerian.The early exposure that Terkura, an eighth Grade Student of Hillcrest Middle School, Jos, Plateau State, had to the Internet seems to have paid off.

He was given full support by his parents to explore his talents in the digital world, and they provided him with gadgets. His first e-mail address was opened at age eight and he joined Facebook two years after and other popular social networks in quick succession. Also he was inspired by his computer science teacher apart from his parents.
Terkura, who hails from Benue State, says, “Well, I think I became IT-savvy right from the day I started using a computer, as my parents provided the atmosphere for me to acquire various computer devices. But my potentials got sharpened in 2011 when my computer teacher basically showed me the fun in HTML (Hyper Text Markup Language).