Murder Case: Man Butchers Friend In Akwa Ibom

Murder Case
Steven Onowa, a graduate of Federal Polytechnic Oko, hails from Anambra State, was arrested by the Akwa Ibom State police command following the murder of Daniel Bassey Solomon, his close friend and employee.
Steven, who attempted to escape after allegedly butchering his friend a middle aged barber, was apprehended by the members of the police.
The state Police Commissioner, Mr Gabriel Achong, said the culprit has confessed to the crime.
“At about 3.00 a.m, I decided to kill him.
“I gave him the first cut, the guy got up; I gave him a second one and he died and I butchered him to parts,” the suspect confessed.

He claimed to have killed his victim for daring to raise his voice at him over ₦750, 000 he had refused to make account for.
“I reported the matter to Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) about two years ago and he agreed on a timeframe to pay up the debt. Till today, he has not paid the money, so when I invited him to my house that day, he raised his voice at me and this got me angry, so I killed him. I am not dealing in body parts. I only cut him to pieces to be able to carry him,” the suspect added.
In a statement by the Commissioner, a quarrel had been on between the deceased and the accused for over two years.
The police further revealed the success of the arrest. We were successful in tracking down the culprit through the assistance of his landlord, who kept contacting him on phone, as the police kept tracking the calls.
“After stabbing him to death, he used matchet to chop off his hands, head and two legs. He packed the parts in a sack, pulled it out of the house to the major street of Itu Road”, police revealed.
Apparently he was tired of transporting the corpse to a safe place. So, he abandoned the deceased in a bag, removed the vital parts, including his two hands and head, and they were dumped in a location along School Road an abandoned site on Itu Road, police stated.
The suspect, said he had called his victim on phone for urgent meeting in his house, where he drugged his Orijin beer.
When Daniel arrived, his murderer served him with the drugged beer and it was not long before the deceased dosed off, giving his killer the opportunity to tie him, before stabbing him to death.

Murder Case: Man Butchers Friend In Akwa Ibom